Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Hong Kong

Hong Kong hasn't been very good to me since I have now been there twice and both times I was a bit disappointed, but I also didn't have very good weather either time and that really affected the things we were doing. There is nothing really historical to see COMPARED to other places like Japan... We were only there for about 2 days. If you go to Hong Kong you MUST MUST get a Chinese visa so can take the ferry over to Shenzhen! For me that would be the only reason to go to Hong Kong. Hong Kong is cool to look at and see the view points of the city BUT not so much if you have foggy bad weather. We wanted to take the gondola ride up to the Buddha but again bad weather... There are tons of out door markets that are a lot of fun to fight for your price and negotiate but you can only do that for so long. We walked around the city, Joy and I did a session at the Hong Kong Temple. We go around seeing everyone else temples and churches so it only makes sense to make time to see your faiths own temple too. We also walked over to the avenue of stars that overlooks the city where they do a light show off the buildings at 8pm. I was expecting something cool like the water show at the Bellagio in Vegas. Nope it wasn't that cool and we left after 15 minutes.

So why go to Shenzhen? THE BEST SHOPPING IN THE WORLD! There is really no other way to put it especially if you are looking for the REAL knockoffs LOL. That's what they call them! They have the best. There are 3 grades of fake. A(the real deal) B(okay) C(you can tell) They will do all the tests and show you the difference between the different grades. I got one LV bag and to be honest I'm not joking but I really think it's real... It's legit! I got the A grade and I have had it for 3 years now and it's still a gem and worn beautifully like the real deal. The purses are amazing here along with watches. Electronics I would stay away from unless you really want some. We got a pair of Beats headphones and they worked great for a while... now we use them as ear mufflers when we use the saw... hah. Custom suits for men are also very popular and inexpensive. Plus there is golf! Mission Hills is within a reasonable distance and the courses are great, luscious, and green. Not to mention every single person gets their own personal caddie and these girls are the sweetest.
 

So if you're going to Hong Kong don't make the mistake of not getting a Chinese visa it is well worth it! And let me know if you go so I can give you my order hah jk ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment