Sunday, August 15, 2010

Harvesting the Heart


She is one of my favorite authors because I feel like every time I read her books I am learning things about myself and preparing myself for the future situations I will be placed in. This book is about a young women who is raised by her father because her mom ran away when she was 5 years old. When she graduates high school she runs away to New York because of an abortion. She manages to find a job and a place to live. She meets a young man who is doctor and they eventually they get married and have a baby, but can she be a mother when her own mother left her when she was only 5? She has never had a mother figure in her life and has no idea what to do. She debates whether or not she will be like her own mom and run away or be able to handle the stresses of a new mother.

This book tells about the hard work of mother hood and handeling the situation when the baby finally arrives. What it was like for her, and constant up and downs she went through and how to keep fighting no matter what.

Next book by Jodi Picoult that I'm reading is "Handle with Care"

1 comment:

  1. Mercedes! Its CharLee! I found your blog from facebook! I'm so excited that you have a blog! It makes it fun to keep in touch this way! :) I have to agree with you....Jodi Picoult is one of my FAVORITE authors of all time! This summer especially I have read three of her books so far ha! And as a matter of fact I'm reading Handle With Care! And so far I absolutely love it! And I bought Harvesting the Heart already and that will be the next one I will read!! I hope all is well for you guys! We are out here in Georgia for the summer but when we get back we should get together! Its been way too long since we've seen you guys!

    ReplyDelete