Tuesday, September 13, 2011

WOW...

Haha the first time we introduced the binkie she liked this one the best at first, it was so funny!

The last 3 weeks have been insane to say the least, but good at the same time. I’m not kidding I think Vera has bottomless stomach! All she wants to do is eat, and I have gone through all the different scenarios in my head about what I could do to make her last longer, etc. In the end I can’t get myself to come through on any of them because well it’s not that bad and it’s just too darn good for her if I feed her.

What I am most surprised about is how naturally everything comes. From the actual process of having a baby to feeding to loving to everything. I honestly never saw myself as a young mom growing up or even while I was married, but I am so happy I am because my recovery has been so fast. I might be a bit crazy for taking her out of the house at only a few days old but I sorta have this idea that babies who are isolated tend to get sicker more, etc. because they have gone so long not being exposed that their immune system has a harder time catching up… I am probably not making any sense! But they do say a breast fed baby is immune to much more and has a lot harder time getting sick so I feel pretty confident in that.

The thing I have had the hardest time with is sleeping when she sleeps. At the beginning it was hard because like most I just felt like I had a lot of other things to catch up on. So then I made it a little more realistic and started with trying to sleep at least once while she slept. I have to say that works pretty well and I always try to catch her longest naptime too J

The thing that makes everything better when I’m a little peeved that she is crying and won’t feed, and has a clean diaper and there is nothing wrong is when she calms down for a second and smiles for a brief second and it’s so dang cute that I forget being frusterated and everything is fine. I wonder every time though when that happens, what the reason was for her smile…

Whyy??!! How is it possible that you have this burp cloth on you for the sole purpose so they can burp on it and she always misses it and gets it on me! I laugh thinking of the many times and times to come where I think the cloth is on perfect and she'll get on the cloth and then within a second she moves her head one way and bam it's all over me and down my shirt!

Anyway, I’m sure there is lots that I am forgetting to write, but it’s been hard trying to blog because we don’t have the Internet yet (comes Friday!) and it’s just been so crazy! We haven’t had the Internet for 3 weeks and I must say it has been really nice. Instead of being on pinterest when I’m bored or have down time, I have been reading a lot more and I really like it… Aaron likes it more, he’s a reading machine and he likes it when I sit on the couch with him and read too.

This is a picture of Vera in her ducky onezie that we love, plus her insane amount of hair! Next week, I am going to do a photo roll of how much and how fast she has changed! So sad, but so exciting! 
My lovely friend Lauren makes these adorable headbands... I love it!!


1 comment: