Sunday, December 16, 2012

Thirty Weeeeeks!

Yep, I'm 30 weeks! Isn't that crazy! I feel sorta bad because with Vera I was so good at documenting most everything and with the second I haven't really done much. I mean, I still need to get her a baby book to write down all of the random things they ask you about or doctors appointments or the list of names we have gone through...thought it was the one and then decided no and picked out another name.  Baby number two has probably had three/four names which we called her for a few weeks at a time until we thought of a new one. You probably won't like some of the names if not all of them because we pick random names that most people aren't crazy about. I mean nobody really liked Vera in my family, but it has grown on them now and find that it fits her perfectly! (I think)... We started with Gisele, then to Cora, and now Kennedy. We are still on Kennedy, Kennedy Attig??? Ahhhh I really don't know! I've played around with the name Bond, thinking it would be so cute if you asked a little girl what her name is and she said, "my name is Bond" in her cute little voice. Haha.

This pregnancy, the biggest difference is I haven't exercised nearly as much as I did with Vera, yet this little girl is much more active then Vera was. I have BIG BIG plans for getting back into shape post baby, especially since we're going to Maui three months later :) I will post about that plan of action soon enough, mostly to hold my self accountable ;) Other than getting more and more uncomfortable and probably painting my toe nails for the last time since I can't bend over my stomach I'm doing pretty well. I have no real cravings other than baked goods, fruits, and veggies which is normal for me. I have a great Doctor who is sometimes a bit over conservative but is so understanding.

The one thing I have learned to say to a Doctor is No. Some might not agree to say no to a doctors recommendations, but after countless ultrasounds that always came out positive and the bills to go with it, I learned to take a step back and think about it before just saying, "of course I'll have another ultra sound because I'm measuring small"...  After going through one pregnancy I learned more about my body and how I carry the baby (which an old man said to me one day is in my back!). I said no to all the genetic testing and down syndrome testing too. They make you feel or tell you like you have to do it, but you don't. No matter what I'm having the baby and nothing will change that, so I thought why spend the money when nothing will change. And if you have a great Doctor that supports your decisions and has the same feelings/views as you it makes the world of difference and makes that line of communication even more clear :) And I'm not saying you should say no to everything!

3 comments:

  1. no no Cora..carrie and cory haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look good! congrats by the way! I agree with saying "no." The thing about the testing is, it increases chance of a miscarriage and if you found out it is positive it isnt like you (or I) would opt for abortion, we will love it no matter what. When I was in high school one of the ladies in my ward did that testing for her 6th kid, and it came back likely he would have handicaps of somesort, but he hasnt. :)

    ReplyDelete