Monday, December 6, 2010

Pick-me UP!

I'm going to start this thing called pick-me up Tuesday. Yeah, people say Mondays are the worst but when you get to Tuesday I usually find myself depressed that it's only Tuesday. I have a professor who does this before every class and it really sets the mood for the class and my day. These are going to be random quotes, poems, or just something to ponder. So here is todays...

"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."
                                Helaman 5:12

I want to share this particular scripture because it is my favorite. I remember the exact moment this scripture made a difference in my life. I had taken my little brother Maverick over to a friends to have the missionaries practice giving a lesson to us. I was amazed at how much my little brother knew as the missionaries asked him questions and he knew every answer. The spirit was with us through that lesson and rethinking back to it I feel that same feeling. I wish I could remember the missionaries name but he closed with this scripture. It is important to have a memory or scripture that you can read or reflect and gain strength from to pick you back up. It is important to build a strong foundation for just not your family but yourself as well. A sure foundation is built on the Lord... so lets go to church, pray, spend time with family, go to the temple, and make our husband feel special :)

No comments:

Post a Comment