Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Working out... what's that?

Okay, so working out... I don't even know what that means anymore! For me it's so sad because I have always been such an active person. I mean I always had something that kept me active like soccer and golf (don't laugh we actually worked out pretty hard!). Now I've gone through the whole pregnancy and since then I have only gone to workout once! At exactly 6 weeks from having Vera I got dressed for a run in the rain while Aaron watched Vera for a little bit. It felt like I was gone forever, or more that it felt like I had run for 45 minutes... but lets be honest I only made it 20 minutes. I feel confident enough that I would say I have pretty good endurance and add a pinch of competition no matter the circumstances and I will always try my hardest to win! Even if it's just a lame interval cardio run and there is no 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. In my mind we're competing. haha. Secretly, though I just keep that to myself while running. The other thing  about running is that if you need a partner I'm great to have, hhaha I gauge how long the run is and can set a pretty good pace. Basically, I need someone to run with. So if you need to run to, then pick me! But in the mean time I'm going to try this at home workout that I saw on Pinterest (hahahah I know). The hardest part about this is actually doing it. Therefore, my moto for this venture will simply be...
You can't achieve your goals without discipline 
How true is that! That applies to anything and everything you want to do. So I'm literally going to write this moto on a piece of paper and post it on the mirror in my bathroom and motivate myself to do this! I'm already overwhelmed thinking about it. sigh. deep breathe. smile. okay, I think I'm ready and since my husband never reads my blog I can tell you that I'm secretly going to workout while he's at work and will see if he notices! And no, this isn't so I can cop out of my workout. And you're probably wondering, well won't he know when you put the moto up in you're bathroom? Nope, because it simply applies to several other things which I'm trying to accomplish, which you will also see in the near future :) I'll keep you updated (more like myself, since no one reads this...) so I can't held accountable. Wish me luck as tomorrow is the first day on my path to getting a body back! 


2 comments:

  1. I love that quote! It is so true! I love your posts and you've inspired me to workout again. (I've been slacking these past few weeks). Good luck girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog and can't wait to see and hear all about the goals you set and meet. You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete