Wednesday, August 31, 2011

We are VERA Smitten!


As you may know I have been pregnant for the last 41 weeks… Finally, after all that time a little baby girl was born. I could tell you that she is the most adorable baby ever, which she is haha but I have since learned that it’s different. Yes, other people have beautiful babies, etc. but when it’s your own it’s different. I catch myself staring at her while she sleeps when really I need sleep too but I just can’t help it! It’s even more amazing that she is ours!

Aaron and I are absolutely in love with her!

Vera was born
            At 6:25 AM
            On August 24, 2011
            She weighed in at 7.4 pounds
            At a length of 20 inches

The story of my labor… well, I literally had just gotten done unpacking almost everything into our new place and it was about 7pm and I had just finally laid down on our bed to rest and called Aaron asking when he was going to be home, and he said a couple of minutes so I got back up to finish dinner and as I was standing there in the kitchen my water broke! At first I was headed for the bathroom and then soon realized that I should probably go for the shower instead. I kept asking myself, did I just water just break, and then I followed it with well it can’t be I don’t have any cramps or contractions. So I finished my shower, Aaron got home I finished dinner we ate, we went to go drop off some things at donation, went and saw my mom and it was then when I told her she said, Mercedes you need to call your doctor and go to the hospital! So I called the doctor, no answer we drove home the doctor called said to go to the hospital to check everything out… so we got our stuff together it was about 9pm by this time. Got to the hospital started having contractions which felt like period cramps at first, they admitted me and we hung out for 45 minutes and then I got an epidural. The epidural was not what I expected, I expected the worst through this whole thing. I thought it was supposed to be unimaginable pain! Well I think I just had a really good anesthesiologist. Didn’t feel any pain, and then I slept tell about 5 am and I woke up and called the nurse and told her I think it’s time. She checked and I was right! And then she came! It was awesome! Everything went smoothly and we couldn’t have asked for better!

It has almost been a week since Vera entered our lives and it has been a whirlwind, but it has been pretty good. Also, people asking you if you’re breastfeeding, you say yes and then they say, O that’s so good for your baby. They forget to leave out the part HOW HARD IT IS!! I mean breastfeeding was the least of my worries and until now I’m just starting to feel better about it. I thought about just giving her formula and then the tender mercies happened and I made it through. I feel pretty good overall. So finally, here are some pictures! I can’t believe how fast she is growing!! Thanks everyone for being so supportive and sweet!









The View from my room! It was like staying in a 5 star hotel! And they have amazing spritzers!!

6 comments:

  1. oooooh, mercedes! she is so pretty, and LOOK AT THAT HAIR! gosh, good job guys! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have a lil babe!!!! so freaking cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is beautiful and so are you! I am so happy you made this post so that people that are far, far away like me can see her too and share your joy! Congratulations to you and to Aaron and welcome darling Vera!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok excuse me you look way too fabulous to have just had a baby. But congratulations!! Your story was so similar to mine except i had back labor really bad for about 7hrs before we got to the hospital. I didn't know I was in labor either bc it wasnt in the front. Anyways....We LOVE that swing!! It is seriously such a lifesaver! Oh and good for you with breastfeeding. It really is SOOOO HARD! But it gets so so so much easier. I HAted it with the passion of a million fiery suns but now I can't believe how much I love it. Keep it up and if you need any advice or just someone to complain to call me anytime (858)336-3556. Also, Babywise saved my sanity. It's a fabulous book and I LOVED IT! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. there is nothing like a little baby!!!! YOu look so awesome! Mare, i'm so happy for you and AAron!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word, how did you not go to the hospital right away...My water broke around 12 we got our things together made it to the hospital around 1 and he was born at 2:26...My labor was pretty quick so I had no epidural. Mason weighed just as much as Vera...7lbs 4.2 oz That is crazy I have the same picture that you do of him on the scale! They grow up way too fast. You are right breastfeeding is so hard. It is even harder to pump and feed. I feel like giving up but I know that it is so much better for them. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete