Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 3

We all woke up early and today was THE ROAD TO HANA! So we headed out early and Hana well is on the opposite side of the island from where we are staying, because now we are staying on Kanapalli Beach. After a 2 hour drive, probably a little more, a really all over the place type road (see picture), and some sickness from other people in the car we finally made it. I drove, so I wouldn't get sick and it worked great for me. The drive was absolutely beautiful the whole entire time. Driving in it was lush green forest and driving out it was wide open, and mountainous. I wish I would have gotten a picture of the backside but I ran out of memory card space from the hike. We stopped and hiked through the bamboo forest to an amazing waterfall! It was about an hour and a half hike up to the waterfall, but really only because I took my time going up taking pictures. I love to take pictures, and so I was going slow. I like to enjoy my time going up, and then I'm speedy going down. It was so pretty, muddy, and rocky. If you have a chance you HAVE to do this hike!!

The winding road to Hana it was like this for about 1.5 hours!!
Beautiful ocean view while driving

Hahah... I love Gideon off to the side


























The waterfall :)


The shoes we wore for the hike. Maverick got a mud foot mask and my sandals held up soooooo good!


No comments:

Post a Comment